Summary: We were instructed to make a Motif. In this Motif we were intended to use strictly the three notes to a C chord.
What I Did: I used GarageBand, I used a keyboard to find the three notes. I then wrote my melody. I had to export the song to disk in order to get the Motif into an MP3 file. It then was uploaded onto SoundCloud.
What I Learned: I learned that limiting yourself or putting boundaries on your resources, will in the end draw out more creativity. Sometimes having too much to work with can seem overwhelming, and taking away that giant reservoir of notes can make it simpler to create music.